A Mirage in the Mountains
This walk starts from the wadi (dry waterway) a few minutes from the resort. It’s a great way to get a close look at the natural wadi system, learn about the various bushes and trees around this fertile part of the mountain, as well as observe the various rock formations. The walk ends close to a natural stone formation that forms a water cascade during rainy periods. Our Leisure Concierge will guide you on a climb up to discover our local ‘mirage’, the village of Sarab, the nearest abandoned village to the resort and the original home of the members of our community, some of whom are associated with the resort. The area can be freely explored and you can visit each ‘house’ and marvel at the life lived here not too long ago. Return via the gravel road to the main road and the resort.
- To book this Local Experience, please click the 'Redeem' button above. Only one Local Experience Award can be booked at a time in conjunction with the same overnight stay. After booking a Local Experience you will automatically receive a redemption voucher electronically. When redeeming your Local Experience, please provide your redemption voucher or voucher number during check-in at the hotel front desk.
- Please note that this Local Experience must be confirmed by the hotel (the electronic redemption voucher is not sufficient confirmation of this Local Experience). The hotel will contact you to confirm and arrange the details of this Local Experience as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have any queries regarding this Local Experience please email the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +968 2534 4200.
- This Local Experience must be booked at least 48 hour(s) in advance.
- This Local Experience is valid from 12-Jul-2015 to 31-Mar-2019 inclusive and must be booked in conjunction with a reservation at the associated hotel.
- This Local Experience is for the redeeming Member only. There are no additional costs for the member.
- This Local Experience has limited availability and can be redeemed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Access to this Local Experience may be subject to availability and last-minute changes.
- The transport required to redeem this Local Experience will be arranged and provided by the hotel on a complimentary basis.
- Please bring camera, comfortable footwear, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Full Terms and Conditions are available here. Members and guests expressly acknowledge and agree that redemption of and participation in a Local Experience is entirely voluntary and that under no circumstances shall GHA (including, but not limited to GHA Member brands, employees, respective directors and agencies) be held responsible or liable for any injuries or damages sustained by a Member or guest in connection with such Member’s use of or participation in a Local Experience.