Set along a coconut palm-fringed white sandy beach, cocooned within 32 hectares of tropical gardens, The Residence Zanzibar immerses you in the splendour of secluded hideaway. Inspired by the island’s eclectic cultures, the resort blends modern comforts with Swahili, Omani, British and Indian influences. Indulge in the privacy of the spacious villas, where private pools and personalised service are just some of the villas' lavish touches. Savour a taste of the Spice Island’s unique blend of cultures and cuisines, and the pleasure of sensational spa treatments. Unlock the magic of this ancient jewel of Africa where luxury and legends entwine. Whether you dream of a quiet couple’s retreat or fun in the sun for the whole family, embrace all the delights of island life at The Residence Zanzibar.
- Fitness Centre
On an alluring island East of Africa, warm ocean waters lap soft sands and a beautiful mystique reigns. Located just off the coast of Tanzania, the Zanzibar archipelago was one of East Africa’s great trading centres. For centuries it was a gateway for international travellers, particularly traders voyaging between Arabia, India and Africa, creating a fusion of diverse cultures.
- Discover the island's rich history on a visit to UNESCO World Heritage site, Stone Town
- Indulge your senses on an aromatic journey to a spcie plantation tour followed by cooking lessons
- Trek the Jozani Forest, home of the rare, endemic Red Colobus monkeys
- Swim with the dolphins in Menai Bay
- Marvel at a magnificent sunset on a traditional dhow cruise
Situated on the Southwest coast of Zanzibar Island, this luxurious hideaway is short 55-minutes drive from the capital Stone Town, as well as the Abeid Amani Karume International Airport